Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Happy Christmas Eve Day!

Well again my blogging is very fitful...oh well. Since we arrived we've done quite a bit. I think we're over the initial jetlag and reverse culture shock - we felt quite scared of almost everyone we saw as people's looks and actions seemed hostile to us - just the different body language etc. from Japan! But a few trips to the pub cured us of that.

I went up to Nottingham for the day on Saturday, the train actually wasn't as bad as I thought, on time and not too expensive. But filthy.

Yesterday we went to London for a day trip, mainly do finish our shopping, almost entirely in Selfridges. Also visited three of my old favourite pubs - the Rugby Tavern and the Lamb in Holborn, and the Nell Gwynn, somewhere near Strand - I'm not telling you exactly where!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]