Wednesday, September 08, 2004

When I said remnants before I was very wrong. It was just the beginning.
Sorry about the bitty posts, they were from the mobile while I was out in the storm. I took the subway home around 11:15 this morning, but couldn't walk back home from the station, it was just too dangerous, so much debris flying about, trees falling down, and winds that almost knocked me over, especially howling down narrow streets! So I made for the underground shopping malls near Susukino and walked up to Sapporo station again. Christine managed to get there too eventually, running the gauntlet of the streets for a few blocks. Fortunately there were lots of officals about helping people, but she had to keep ducking into buildings for shelter. People were very comradely apparently. We stuck it out at the station, having lunch and shopping (hard life eh) and then it suddenly calmed down around 3pm, so we went home!

We took a lot of pictures in the park, so many trees were down there, it was crazy. The typhoon apparently had the strongest winds ever recorded in Sapporo! And we were out in it :-(
I'll post some pictures tomorrow I hope. There are some here but mine are better ;-)
Anyway, our internet connection and TV was off until about 11pm, not been on for long. Bed now, more tomorrow...

Comments:
Wow, the typhoons sound pretty extreme. You two are real hard core going out in it - Wicked! Rob
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]