Friday, June 03, 2005

As planned, we went to the uni festival last night (and met Miwako and her friend there too) . It was great, a very underadvertised event I think, as it's rare to be able to get so many different kinds of international food in one place, or at all actually, in Sapporo. There's a really nice atmosphere there too. I tried some Nepalese curry and rice, some vietnamese deep fried spring rolls and an Arabic chicken and rice dish which I've forgotten the name of...
And actually, today I just went there again on my lunch break and had Bangladeshi curry and bread, Jamaican jerk chicken and a Malaysian pudding. Food!

Comments:
What great food! Suddenly our imminent English Sunday lunch of pork chops, apple sauce, broccoli and spuds sounds sort of boring!
As for "whetstone"- if you lived in North London you may get to use it more, as in "does this train stop at Totteridge and Whetstone?"
Keep up the scintillating blog-work.
SJT
 
Well, I wished there could have been an English stall selling that kind of thing too, plus some cream teas, strawberries and cream...that would have seemed almost more exotic I reckon!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]