Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I think the local part of the festival was happening today - people walking through the streets with a large portable shrine, drums and traditional music. It was difficult to see clearly from 11 floors up, but I think the system is that they walk along as described, then someone clicks some sticks (or claves - another word which I'm relishing the chance of using) and stop outside shops that are displaying a large lantern. At this point they raise some large figure/statue from the shrine and play a recorded song. Then they click the sticks again and continue walking.

They also had men with long plastic poles with them, whose job was to raise the power lines for the shrine to pass safely under. I wonder how they discovered this was necessary...?

Comments:
Yes, it must have been a shock when they discovered it! (sorry, couldn't resist that)
Enjoying these descriptions very much - please keep them coming.
SJT
 
Very witty SJT! A joker amongst my anonymous readers!

But I agree, it was probably a hair-raising experience for whoever discovered it (boom boom).
 
Please, no more bad electricity related jokes !

You should be 'charged' with comitting crimes against comedy !

That's it - I've had enough, I'm going 'ohm'...!
 
Groan!

"Watt" next?!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]