Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What's the consensus on talking on your mobile in a bookshop? I mean, it's not a library, but still it's quite a faux pas right? So, I was killing some time browsing in Kinokuniya again today (the really nice new big one to the west of the station) when this little incident happened...
A moustachioed balding man, possibly Canadian, was browsing nearby when his phone started to ring. Not only was it not on manner mode but the ring tone was a very loud, strange version of that piano tune everyone in England knows how to play but seems not to have a name, with the dah-dah bits replaced by a strange dog-bark-like sound (kind of like "dee-dee-dum-ARF-ARF dee-dee-dum-ARF-ARF dee-dee-dum-ARF dum-ARF dum-ARF-ARF...etc. etc."). He did that kind of panicked fumble for the phone, I thought just to shut it off, but actually to answer it and then proceed with the following conversation:
"Ye-es?........Hell-o?!....Hello!"
......
"Why are you over there?! "
......
"Well I'm here, in the corner"
.....
"Why did you go there?!"
.....
"Can't you come over here?"
.....
"But can't you come here?"
.....
"I found something I want to show you!"
.....
"You'll have to come and see it"
.....
"No, you come over here!"
.....
"You have to come here first"

At this point I made my hurried escape.

Comments:
If it's the piece of music that I think you are talking about it's called The Blue Danube Waltz!
 
Wouldn't that be more like "da da da da dum (ARF ARF, ARF ARF)..."?
 
Hmmm, maybe you mean 'chopsticks' then...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]