Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heat! Warmth! Yesterday the weather finally got its act together, and it reached 29C here in Sapporo (warmest so far this year). And it's surprisingly humid too, for Hokkaido. I'm not complaining (for once, I hear you all yelling)! Unfortunately the weather forecast is suggesting that from here on the weather will "collapse"...as long as it holds out for the first of the 3 big Sapporo Toyohira River fireworks displays, which happens tonight. It's almost 2 years since I last properly saw the displays. Last year I missed all but the last few minutes of all of them (work, pah).

Anyway, it's quite hard to write such mundane things when such un-mundane and ridiculous things are going on in the Middle East. Dave, I'm thinking of you over there.

Comments:
Cheers guys! I was thinking of you too, hence my visit to your site.

Damascus is kinda weird - everyone is angry that Lebanon is being attacked, but they're a bit anxious that they might be next.

I'll be keeping my head down and keep reporting the Syrian-Lebanese side of the story (I think that Israel is doing a good enough job of getting its views across).

All my friends in Lebanon are still safe.

Peace.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]