Friday, July 21, 2006

A post about other blogs today - I wanted to draw attention to a few of the sites in my right-column:
I've been reading the newish blog on the BBC, called The Editors recently - sounds a bit dull maybe, but it actually gives an interesting and surprisingly transparent insight into how the BBC runs, including a recent post titled Different Views about how BBC News 24 and BBC World take quite different angles on the same story.
Another post discussed how blogging influences other more traditional media these days and how the BBC "can now know what you [the audience] are talking about and interested in without you ever telling us..." (see Daniel Pearl's "We're watching you"). So I'm going to test it. This is basically a post about the BBC's post about reading other people's posts, so let's hope they find it...

Dave is going strong on his blog (recently retitled to "Crater-strewn Dirt Track to Damascus") and doing a great job of gathering together relevant articles about the whole Israel / Lebanon / Syria / Iran... situation in that part of the Middle East as well as providing an excellent picture of how it's affecting every day life (see his July 19th post for that).

And my oldest friend Charles has got a blog and a web-presence at last! He's working on a ferry between Hull and Zeebrugge for a few weeks and has some good stories over at Maritime Musician.

It all makes my stories of abandoned gorillas, weather and moving sales seem a bit bland. Oh well, I do the best I can.

Comments:
At least your mundanity is in a fascinating foreign country (not that I ever find your blog mundane, of course, Phil!) - my ramblings are of an even more limited subject matter!

Anyway, hope you and Christine are both well - curious to hear more about your Hong Kong-bound plans! :) Take care.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]